Last updated: 11:18 am - 25th May 2018
Here at Infinity Motorcycles, we take your privacy seriously.
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
This Policy applies as between you, the User of this Website and RDM (UK) LIMITED the owner and provider of this Website. This Policy applies to our use of any and all Data collected by us concerning your use of the Website.
We may change this Policy from time to time, so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, you agree to be bound by this Policy.
If you have any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices, you can contact us by email to email@example.com, by writing to Infinity Motorcycles, 153 Lynchford Road, Farnborough, Hants, GU14 6HG. Alternatively, you can telephone 0800 130 337.
Navigating this page:
- Who are we?
- What information are we collecting from you?
- How is this information being collected from you?
- How is your information being used?
- Who has access to this information?
- Controlling use of your own information
- Keeping your information
- Third party websites and services
- Marketing preferences
- Seeing adverts for Infinity Motorcycles online
- Links to other sites
- Change of Business ownership and control
- Your rights
- Changes to this policy
- How to contact us
Who are we?
We’re Infinity Motorcycles, a division of RDM (UK) LIMITED (registered in England 06400968). Our registered office address is 153 Lynchford Road, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 6HG. RDM (UK) LIMITED trades as Infinity Motorcycles and Capital Moto. Infinity Motorcycles also have 16 local branches across the UK.
What information are we collecting from you?
The personal information we might collect includes:
- Individual: your name, date of birth, gender, job title, profession.
- Contact: email address, phone number, address
- Demographic: postcode, preferences and interests
- Financial: credit/debit card numbers
- Technological (automatically collected): IP address, web browser and version, operating system, URLs including referring site, your activity on this website, the site you exit to.
How is this information being collected from you?
When you sign-up for our Infinity Newsletter or Club Infinity loyalty scheme, consult with our customer service team, send us an email, post on our social media pages, make a purchase, create an online account or communicate with us in any way, you are voluntarily giving us information that we collect.
In some of our emails to you, we use a 'click-through URL.' When you click one of these URLs, you pass through our web server before arriving at the website that is your destination. We track click-throughs to help us determine your interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications.
How is your information being used?
Infinity Motorcycles uses your information to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website, as well as personalisation and analytics. This information includes:
Name & Contact details
- To deliver purchases to you.
- To send you service messages (e.g. order updates) via email or phone.
- To send you communication which you have requested and given consent for, and that may be of interest to you. These may include products, promotions, offers, and competitions.
- For fraud prevention and detection.
- To show you Infinity adverts as you browse the web so you can see our latest products and deals.
- To find out what you and other customers like to ensure we are giving you what you want.
- Seek your views or comments on the services we provide.
- To process an order you have submitted, take payment, and give refunds.
- For fraud prevention and detection.
Purchase history, saved items & voucher keys
- To provide customer service and support, and handle returns.
- To find out what you, and other customers like and prefer.
- For receipt and proof of purchase purchases.
- To confirm voucher validation and use.
Information about your phone or laptop
- To improve our website and set default options for you (including language and currency).
- To protect our website (prevent and detect fraud and meet legal obligations regarding data protection).
- To optimise the user experience for specific devices.
Your responses to surveys, competitions and promotions
- To run the survey, competition or promotion.
- Seek your views or comments on the services we provide.
Biometric reading (Club Infinity card number)
- To identify your Club Infinity account and handle loyalty scheme activities including Club Infinity vouchers.
You don’t have to give us any of this personal information but if you don’t, you are unlikely to receive our optimal overall customer experience, and certain such as purchasing from the site may not be possible.
We anonymise and aggregate personal information (so that it does not identify you) and use it for purposes including testing our IT systems, research, data analysis, improving our site and app, and developing new products and services. We also share information about the use of our site with our trusted partners.
Who has access to this information?
We will never sell your data or share your information with third parties for marketing purposes unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by court order or for prevention of fraud or other crime. We promise to keep your details safe and secure.
Controlling use of your information
Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- Use of Data for direct marketing purposes
- Sharing Data with third parties.
Accessing your own information
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by RDM (UK) LIMITED as well as a right to request corrections, blocking of and deletion of the Data. You also have the right to revoke any given permissions at all times. We store the contract's content and will send you the details of your order as well as our general terms via e-mail. You can find the terms here at all times. The details about your recent orders can be found in your customer login area.
Keeping your information
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We’ll hold on to your information for as long as you have your account, or as long as is needed to be able to provide the services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our Customer Care team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
Third party websites and services
We may pass your information to our third party service providers, agents, subcontractors and other associated organisations to complete tasks and provide services to you on our behalf. However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service, and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their direct marketing purposes.
When you are using our secure purchases pages, your payment is processed by a third party payment processor, who specialises in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions. If you have any questions regarding secure transactions, please contact us.
Your personal details are encrypted and securely stored on our EPoS software system and eCommerce website; Intelligent Retail system. This is to streamline the transaction process and process your data more efficiently. Your data is safeguarded with physical, electronic and managerial procedures. We urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal data when you are on the internet. Change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure browser.
You can review Intelligent Retail's security policy here.
We use MailChimp, our email marketing platform to store personal information so to send you more personalised marketing content that you want, as well as send you the occasional loyalty vouchers and discounts.
You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time. You can do this:
- By clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email
- By clicking “Manage your preferences” on any of our emails, and clicking “unsubscribe”
- By contacting our Customer Care team
Once you do this, we will update your profile to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages. Please note that, as our site comprises a complex web of many inter-connecting services, it might take a few days for all our systems to be updated, so you might get messages from us while we process your request.
Stopping marketing messages will not stop service communications (such as order updates or where you have signed up for our Infinity Motorcycles loyalty scheme).
Seeing adverts for Infinity Motorcycles online
We also engage in online advertising, also to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products.
Like many companies, we target Infinity Motorcycles banners and ads to you when you are on other websites and apps. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and we use a range of advertising technologies like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks, such as Facebook’s Custom Audience service.
The banners and ads you see will be based on information we hold about you, or your previous use of Infinity Motorcycles (for example, your search history, and the content you read on our site) or on Infinity Motorcycles banners or ads you have previously clicked on.
Links to other websites
Change of Business ownership and control
RDM (UK) LIMITED may, from time to time, expand or reduce our business and this may involve the sale and/or the transfer of control of all or part of RDM (UK) LIMITED. Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any part of our business so transferred, be transferred along with that part and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this Policy, be permitted to use the Data for the purposes for which it was originally supplied to us.
In the event that any Data submitted by Users is to be transferred in such a manner, you will not be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
Data security is of great importance to RDM (UK) LIMITED and to protect you are Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
You have a lot of rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used (like this notice!)
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, which you can do through My Account, and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us.
Changes to this Policy
RDM (UK) LIMITED reserves the right to change this Policy as we may deem necessary from time to time or as may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately posted on the Website, and you are deemed to have accepted the terms of the Policy on your first use of the Website following the alterations.
We do not control the dissemination of third party cookies on our Website as we have no access to them; you should check the relevant third party website for more information about these cookies.
Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone, you will need to refer to your handset manual.
The following first-party Cookies may be placed on your computer:
Google Analytics - Used to distinguish users.
Google Analytics - Used to distinguish users.
Google Analytics - Used to throttle request rate.
Microsoft Bing - Universal Event Tracking
Infinity Motorcycles - Security requirement to authenticate form submission to a human site visitor
Infinity Motorcycles - Site requirement to identify site visitor throughout their visit and checkout
Information about Google Analytics
Google Analytics helps website owners measure how users interact with website content. As a user navigates between web pages, Google Analytics records information about the page a user has seen, for example, the URL of the page. Google Analytics uses HTTP Cookies to "remember" what a user has done on previous pages/interactions with the website: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage
Information about Microsoft Bing Universal Event Tracking
Bing Remarketing is a way to engage an audience that has previously visited your website: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/remarketing-in-paid-search-policies
Information about Lucky Orange
We use the Lucky Orange analytics system to help improve usability and the customer experience. Lucky Orange may record mouse clicks, mouse movements and scrolling activity. Lucky Orange may record keystroke information that you voluntarily enter on this website. Lucky Orange does not track this activity on any site that does not use the Lucky Orange system.
To view and manage data that Lucky Orange has collected about you on the LuckyOrange.com website, or to opt out of future tracking please visit our data privacy management tool: https://privacy.luckyorange.com/
How to contact us
We always want to hear from our customers, and want to do whatever we can to appease you. If you:
- Have any questions or feedback about this policy
- Would like us to stop using your information
- Want to exercise any of your rights as set out above, or have a complaint
Please don’t hesitate to contact our Customer Service team, who will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
You can contact our privacy team by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or else through enquiry form via our website, or call us on 0800 130 3377. If you’d like to, you can write to us at: Infinity Motorcycles, 153 Lynchford Road, Farnborough, Hants, GU14 6HG.