Abus Element 285 Disc Lock 5mm
Locking made easy: The ABUS Element 285 Brake Disc Lock combines safety and comfort in the simplest possible way.
The integrated push-down cylinder ensures that the 5mm specially hardened steel bolt automatically locks into place when closed. This means your scooter is secured in just one movement.
ABUS has also designed this brake disc lock with user-friendliness in mind. The memory cable included will remind you if your scooter is still secured with the Element 285 before you pull away. And if you ever lose the key to your Element 285, don’t worry: A second key is included with the lock.
- 5mm locking bolt
- Very easy to use thanks to the push-down cylinder which automatically locks the bolt into place when closed
- The bolt is made of specially hardened steel
- Two keys are included in the scope of delivery
- A memory cable which is included with the lock serves as a reminder to prevent accidental pulling away when the motorbike is still secured
To find the delivery costs for an item simply place the item in your basket. Our delivery costs for most items are based on each item's size and weight. Delivery and handling estimates that appear in the basket are calculated with our lowest cost delivery method
Free delivery over £25. Next day delivery if ordered before 3pm.
Orders to UK Mainland addresses over £25 (i.e. excluding Highlands and Islands) will be sent with free carriage.
Free Shippping to other destinations
- Orders will be shipped free of charge to areas other than the UK when the order total is over:
- UK Highlands and Islands: £100
- Europe Zone 1 - e.g. Eire, France, Germany £250
- Europe Zone 2 - e.g. Greece, Poland £400
- USA, Canada, Australia - £800
- Items Shipped outwith the EU will include a form which can be used to claim back approx 10% V.A.T. Unfortunately this excludes BFPO addresses. Please note, V.A.T. is not applied to crash helmets.
As well as being the ultimate in bike security, Abus locks are always designed with ease of use and thoughtful design – after all, no matter how strong a lock is, you’re less likely to use it at all if it’s a fiddle.
Whilst not as portable as a u-lock or a disc lock, for a leave-at-home or leave-at-work security devise you can’t go wrong – if you park in the same spot with any frequency, thieves know where to go to find your bike, so an Abus chain is a good idea if you want them to leave your bike and try their chance elsewhere.
Covering a whole range of bike security devices from high-quality U-shackle locks to lock-chain-combinations, steel-o-flex to frame locks; Abus has you covered for every situation.
Abus locks are tested and acknowledged by independent experts in numerous countries, including Thatcham and Sold Secure in the UK.