Abus Smart X Detecto 8078 Disc Lock
The Abus Smart X Detecto 8078 is an intelligent, keyless disc lock with a Bluetooth locking system, a special hardened steel body, and a 100 dB alarm.
The latest Detecto 8078 offers a high-security, hassle-free solution for arming your motorcycle. Featuring a special hardened steel main body and bearing parts, the disc lock utilises Bluetooth 3.0 technology to control the keyless locking cylinder and unlock the 13.5mm thick steel bolt, authorised by smartphone connection. Dubbed the "Smart X locking system" by Abus, the Detecto 8078 is unlocked by being in close proximity to your smartphone, connected by Bluetooth, to manually detach from your brake disc. To rearm, you press the locking pin against the brake disc, to unlock automatically.
By rearming the lock, the cylinder engages the 3D Position Detection sensor: which detects vibrations and knocks caused by attempted theft and triggers a 100-decibel alarm. This intelligent technology also recognised brief, one-off vibrations to prevent triggering a false alarm. The device also features a reminder function: if no further attack is detected once the alarm is triggered, the position sensor recalibrates itself without the need for manual input.
The Abus app acts as a command centre for the device, displaying current charging status in realtime, and saves the location of your motorcycle and activated Detecto 8078. The device can be charged easily via USB-C connection.
- 13.5 mm steel bolt
- SmartX locking system with Bluetooth 3.0: High quality, keyless locking system
- USB-C charging port
- Connection to ABUS App
- Memorizes the last parking of the motorbike
- 100 dB alarm
- Abus 3D detection system detects every movement and triggers alarm if compromised
- The bolt, the lock body as well as supporting elements of the locking mechanism are made of special hardened steel
- Lock can be transported in locked condition without activating the detection system thanks to automatic brake disc recognition system
- A multicolour LED and different acoustic signals inform about battery, activation and alarm status
To find the delivery costs for an item simply place the item in your basket. Our delivery costs for most items are based on each item's size and weight. Delivery and handling estimates that appear in the basket are calculated with our lowest cost delivery method
Free delivery over £25. Next day delivery if ordered before 3pm.
Orders to UK Mainland addresses over £25 (i.e. excluding Highlands and Islands) will be sent with free carriage.
Free Shippping to other destinations
- Orders will be shipped free of charge to areas other than the UK when the order total is over:
- UK Highlands and Islands: £100
- Europe Zone 1 - e.g. Eire, France, Germany £250
- Europe Zone 2 - e.g. Greece, Poland £400
- USA, Canada, Australia - £800
- Items Shipped outwith the EU will include a form which can be used to claim back approx 10% V.A.T. Unfortunately this excludes BFPO addresses. Please note, V.A.T. is not applied to crash helmets.
As well as being the ultimate in bike security, Abus locks are always designed with ease of use and thoughtful design – after all, no matter how strong a lock is, you’re less likely to use it at all if it’s a fiddle.
Whilst not as portable as a u-lock or a disc lock, for a leave-at-home or leave-at-work security devise you can’t go wrong – if you park in the same spot with any frequency, thieves know where to go to find your bike, so an Abus chain is a good idea if you want them to leave your bike and try their chance elsewhere.
Covering a whole range of bike security devices from high-quality U-shackle locks to lock-chain-combinations, steel-o-flex to frame locks; Abus has you covered for every situation.
Abus locks are tested and acknowledged by independent experts in numerous countries, including Thatcham and Sold Secure in the UK.