AGV AX8 Evo - Soleluna 2016
on orders over £25
Make a price match enquiry
AGV AX8 Evo - Soleluna 2016
AGV AX8 Evo
AGV's flagship off-road helmet uses a lightweight carbon-aramid-fiberglass shell with a shape that is designed to minimize the risk of injuries caused by the force being transferred to the collarbone and is optimized for use with neck braces. This helmet also has a removable noseguard. New for this year we are introducing the AGV AX-8 Evo Soleluna 2018, perfect for those who are fans of the Moto GP legend Valentino Rossi.
- Carbon/Aramid/Fiberglass SSL (Super Super Light) Shell
- 3 shell sizes
- ECE 2205, ACU GOLD
- Breathable Dri-Lex® fabric with sanitized treatment
- Fully removable and washable inner liners and cheekpads
- Chin guard base acts as shock-absorber (compatible with neck braces)
- IVS (Integrated Ventilation System) with large ducts hollowed into the shell for improved air circulation inside the helmet and better aerodynamic efficiency
- 3 front vents, (1 top vent -Dual only) and 2 rear extractors
- Chin air vent with open/close position which can be easily removed and replaced without the use of tools and is interchangeable with that on the AX-8 Evo off road version
- DUAL anti-scratch, anti-fog polycarbonate visor with 100% protection from UV rays
- Visor ratchet system can be customised by changing the toothed mechanism: Touring, Race and City (included)
- Specially designed removable peak which minimises any "sail effect" (Dual only)
- Double D retention system
- Weight 1380g (Size M)
A.G.V. is an acronym that stands for Amisano Gino Valenza. Gino Amisano is the founder of the company, Valenza Po the city in which AGV came to life in 1947. The logo is nothing other than "Ago"'s helmet as seen from behind.
Or rather, the way so many riders would see it while being beaten by the Italian champion. The colours are those of the Italian flag, as to confirm AGV's great pride of its connection to its homeland. After a few modifications throughout its lifetime, the brand continues to win while being worn by great champions, like Valentino Rossi.
The 3D laser scanning, instead of designing helmets around the outer shell, the AGV standards start with the riders head, which is measured digitally using laser scanning technology. Three-dimensional scanning is a highly-precise technology (to a tenth of a millimetre) that allows one to convert anthropomorphic shapes into digital data and then carry out accurate research on the human physiognomy. This research then becomes the starting point for designing the parts of the helmet which are in contact with the face.
Being part of the larger AGV “Extreme Standards Helmets” family, the Pista GP is now listed among the 331 safest helmets in the world.
The 5 Sharp Stars are defined by the English Department of Transport, and are the highest mark achievable in terms of safety. Sharp assigns this important rating by means of an independent evaluation system, where helmets are subjected to safety criteria tests without involving the manufacturers. In fact, the English Department has confirmed that 50 lives per year could be saved by using helmets that received this type of recognition by Sharp.
The AGV Pista GP helmet obtained this important award thanks to the revolutionary “Extreme Standards Helmets” process, an innovative design system that defines new standards in terms of safety, ergonomics and comfort. Indeed, the Pista GP design process starts from the components that are directly in contact with the head and works outwards to the final shell.
To find the delivery costs for an item simply place the item in your basket. Our delivery costs for most items are based on each item's size and weight. Delivery and handling estimates that appear in the basket are calculated with our lowest cost delivery method
Free delivery over £25. Next day delivery if ordered before 3pm.
Orders to UK Mainland addresses over £25 (i.e. excluding Highlands and Islands) will be sent with free carriage.
Free Shippping to other destinations
- Orders will be shipped free of charge to areas other than the UK when the order total is over:
- UK Highlands and Islands: £100
- Europe Zone 1 - e.g. Eire, France, Germany £250
- Europe Zone 2 - e.g. Greece, Poland £400
- USA, Canada, Australia - £800
- Items Shipped outwith the EU will include a form which can be used to claim back approx 10% V.A.T. Unfortunately this excludes BFPO addresses. Please note, V.A.T. is not applied to crash helmets.