Alpinestars SP-2 V3 Leather Gloves
The Alpinestars SP 2 V3 gloves are a sport leather glove with a long cuff and TPU knuckle protection.
Perfect for summer riding, these street racing gloves are made from abrasion-resistant palm-made leather with an additional TPU slider from MotoGP on the palm for greater abrasion and impact resistance and accordion fingers for easy hand movement.
The knuckle protection consists of a robust TPU compound flexible patch which offers class-leading protection without diminishing the flexibility and movement of the hand. Furthermore, these gloves have unified the fourth and fifth fingers to avoid twisting during impact.
Comfort wise these sports gloves offer accordion stretch leather inserts in the first fingers and thumbs for increased comfort and movement, and pre-curved fingers for tiredness for the hands when on the bike. As well as an elasticated panel between the palm and thumb moreover this glove also features EVA foam padding for increased comfort aspect along with improving impact absorption. The main closure is with a velcro strap on the wrist.
- Constructed from a supple and highly durable full-grain leather chassis to provide core abrasion resistance and durability.
- Palm and finger sidewalls are reinforced with supple goat’s leather for a feel and performance fit.
- Main shell reinforcement is provided by leather coverage over the first and second fingers and cuff.
- Synthetic suede reinforcements on palm and landing zones for maximum abrasion resistance.
- Ergonomic, advanced compound and MotoGP-derived TPU slider on palm are backed with EVA foam for impact performance.
- Alpinestars robust yet flexible compound knuckle guard provides exceptional impact and abrasion protection.
- Strategically positioned impact-absorbing EVA foam for additional impact performance.
- Alpinestars patented finger-bridge prevents excessive finger roll and separation during impacts.
- Extensive sport knuckle gusset opening on the thumb allows flex and freedom of movement.
- Perforated cuff, leather top panel and ventilated finger sidewalls to help keep the hands cool.
- Cuff side leather padded patches to enhance protection.
- Pre-curved finger construction reduces rider fatigue.
- Wide hook-and-loop wrist closure for easy entry and secure fastening.
- Touchscreen-compatible fingertip area on index and thumb for use with smartphones and GPS systems.
- EN 13594 2015, Level 1 KP.
Palm Measurement: Wrap a measuring tape around your hand behind the knuckles, not including the thumb, keeping the tape snug. Measure both left and right hands and use the larger of the two measurements.
To find the delivery costs for an item simply place the item in your basket. Our delivery costs for most items are based on each item's size and weight. Delivery and handling estimates that appear in the basket are calculated with our lowest cost delivery method
Free delivery over £25. Next day delivery if ordered before 3pm.
Orders to UK Mainland addresses over £25 (i.e. excluding Highlands and Islands) will be sent with free carriage.
Free Shippping to other destinations
- Orders will be shipped free of charge to areas other than the UK when the order total is over:
- UK Highlands and Islands: £100
- Europe Zone 1 - e.g. Eire, France, Germany £250
- Europe Zone 2 - e.g. Greece, Poland £400
- USA, Canada, Australia - £800
- Items Shipped outwith the EU will include a form which can be used to claim back approx 10% V.A.T. Unfortunately this excludes BFPO addresses. Please note, V.A.T. is not applied to crash helmets.
Founded in Italy in 1963 by Sante Mazzarolo, Alpinestars is now a manufacturer of technical, high performance protective gear for motorcycle and auto racing, as well as action sports such as mountain biking and surfing. Their products cover such a wide range, catering for men, women and children on road or off-road. As well as riders and racers, Alpinestars have committed themselves to keeping the fans happy with a full line of casual clothing.
Alpinestars’ devotion to racing has allowed them to enjoy success with world champions such as Roger De Coster, Kenny Roberts and Mick Doohan. Alpinestars us worn by ‘The Stig’ on ‘Top Gear’ and clothing has also been developed for formula 1 drivers.
Most recently Alpinestars have designed and developed the Tech Air race System, a highly advanced, electronic airbag safety system that utilizes and advanced data logging unit and dual charge inflation module. This system is currently being used in MotoGP and World Superbikes and has now been released for everyday riders for their safety on the roads.
Their constant research and development in new technologies has gained them recognition from a worldwide audience and promoted them to the highly respected brand they are today.
The Heritage of Alpinestars
Alpinestars take their name from the Italian mountain flower Stella Alpina, known to grow in the mountains around Sante Mazzarolo’s home town of Asolo, in northern Italy. Stella Alpina, means, well, “Alpine Star” in English. They have carried their origins with them proudly as they have grown and developed into a unique company dedicated to really high quality motorcycle clothing.
They began by making hiking boots and ski boots, branched out into making motocross boots and road racing boots, and from there became one of the most well-regarded manufacturers of motorcycle clothing in Europe.
Never content to rest on their laurels, Alpinestars have taken engineering inspiration from every spot they tough, all of which has helped their motorcycle clothing range cater for every conceivable need. From Dale Earnhardt Jr’s striking Alpinestars gloves in NASCAR to Jenson Button’s Racing boots and gloves, these drivers help inform and shape Alpinestars’ motorcycle range with fresh and innovative insights.
How to Look After Textile Alpinestars Clothing
As with any other form of advanced motorcycle clothing, Alpinestars clothing needs to be looked after carefully to ensure its waterproof and protective qualities are retained.
As one of the biggest names in protective clothing, Alpinestars produce quality products that are worth looking after. Stocking a wide range of their waterproof jackets, we have put together this care guide for when you need to clean your Alpinestars waterproof garment.
Not forcing any aspect of the cleaning or drying process is the best way to go when you clean your Alpinestars clothing.
Remove armour and close zippers.
Remove any lining and wash separately at allow temperature on a normal cycle.
Brush off any dirt from the clothing, soaking in warm water if required.
Wash with a mild detergent on a low-temperature setting.
Don’t try to dry the garment too quickly – you could shrink the material and damage it.
If you need any more advice about how to look after the Alpinestars clothing, we stock a wide range of products and have a number of clothing experts on hand to answer your queries, contact us at Infinity Motorcycles today on 0800 130 3377. Alternatively browse our motorbike clothing range for more.