Alpinestars SP-Z Drystar Gloves - Black/White/Red
on orders over £25
Make a price match enquiry
Alpinestars SP-Z Drystar Gloves - Black/White/Red
Alpinestars SP-Z Drystar Gloves
A new addition to Alpinestars class-leading performance and sports riding glove range, the SP-Z is a performance riding glove packed with protective features such as a hard knuckle protector within its supple full grain leather chassis. Featuring Alpinestars’ 100 percent waterproof DRYSTAR® PERFORMANCE technology for a reduced material design offering superior sensitivity on the bike’s controls.
- Constructed from supple and durable full-grain leather associated with polyamide fabric
- Made with Drystar ® performance membrane construction technology which bonds all layers in glove
- Reduced material chassis increases level of dexterity and sensitivity of bike controls
- Reinforcements on palm and thumb provides superior grip
- Ergonomic stretch insert on palm
- Adjustable Velcro closure on cuff and wrist
- Leather stretch accordions on fingers and for superior fit and flexibility
- Pre-curved finger construction reduces rider fatigue
- Touchscreen compatible index finger tip
- Printed logo
- Synthetic leather reinforced outer hand with paddings on landing zones provide maximum abrasion resistance
- Durable PU knuckle protection with heat stamped logo
- Palm, fingers and backhand padded with energy absorbing EVA foam for additional protection
- Protective cuff closure with TPR logo wraps around wrist and raises the entire profile of the glove to protect wrist bone from impact in a crash
- Third and fourth finger bridge prevents finger roll separation in the event of a slide
- Reflective insert on backhand area for greater visibility
Click the download button below to view the size guide document for the Alpinestars brand.DOWNLOAD
Founded in Italy in 1963 by Sante Mazzarolo, Alpinestars is now a manufacturer of technical, high performance protective gear for motorcycle and auto racing, as well as action sports such as mountain biking and surfing. Their products cover such a wide range, catering for men, women and children on road or off-road. As well as riders and racers, Alpinestars have committed themselves to keeping the fans happy with a full line of casual clothing.
Alpinestars’ devotion to racing has allowed them to enjoy success with world champions such as Roger De Coster, Kenny Roberts and Mick Doohan. Alpinestars us worn by ‘The Stig’ on ‘Top Gear’ and clothing has also been developed for formula 1 drivers.
Most recently Alpinestars have designed and developed the Tech Air race System, a highly advanced, electronic airbag safety system that utilizes and advanced data logging unit and dual charge inflation module. This system is currently being used in MotoGP and World Superbikes and has now been released for everyday riders for their safety on the roads.
Their constant research and development in new technologies has gained them recognition from a worldwide audience and promoted them to the highly respected brand they are today.
The Heritage of Alpinestars
Alpinestars take their name from the Italian mountain flower Stella Alpina, known to grow in the mountains around Sante Mazzarolo’s home town of Asolo, in northern Italy. Stella Alpina, means, well, “Alpine Star” in English. They have carried their origins with them proudly as they have grown and developed into a unique company dedicated to really high quality motorcycle clothing.
They began by making hiking boots and ski boots, branched out into making motocross boots and road racing boots, and from there became one of the most well-regarded manufacturers of motorcycle clothing in Europe.
Never content to rest on their laurels, Alpinestars have taken engineering inspiration from every spot they tough, all of which has helped their motorcycle clothing range cater for every conceivable need. From Dale Earnhardt Jr’s striking Alpinestars gloves in NASCAR to Jenson Button’s Racing boots and gloves, these drivers help inform and shape Alpinestars’ motorcycle range with fresh and innovative insights.
How to Look After Textile Alpinestars Clothing
As with any other form of advanced motorcycle clothing, Alpinestars clothing needs to be looked after carefully to ensure its waterproof and protective qualities are retained.
As one of the biggest names in protective clothing, Alpinestars produce quality products that are worth looking after. Stocking a wide range of their waterproof jackets, we have put together this care guide for when you need to clean your Alpinestars waterproof garment.
Not forcing any aspect of the cleaning or drying process is the best way to go when you clean your Alpinestars clothing.
Remove armour and close zippers.
Remove any lining and wash separately at allow temperature on a normal cycle.
Brush off any dirt from the clothing, soaking in warm water if required.
Wash with a mild detergent on a low-temperature setting.
Don’t try to dry the garment too quickly – you could shrink the material and damage it.
If you need any more advice about how to look after the Alpinestars clothing, we stock a wide range of products and have a number of clothing experts on hand to answer your queries, contact us at Infinity Motorcycles today on 0800 130 3377. Alternatively browse our motorbike clothing range for more.
To find the delivery costs for an item simply place the item in your basket. Our delivery costs for most items are based on each item's size and weight. Delivery and handling estimates that appear in the basket are calculated with our lowest cost delivery method
Free delivery over £25. Next day delivery if ordered before 3pm.
Orders to UK Mainland addresses over £25 (i.e. excluding Highlands and Islands) will be sent with free carriage.
Free Shippping to other destinations
- Orders will be shipped free of charge to areas other than the UK when the order total is over:
- UK Highlands and Islands: £100
- Europe Zone 1 - e.g. Eire, France, Germany £250
- Europe Zone 2 - e.g. Greece, Poland £400
- USA, Canada, Australia - £800
- Items Shipped outwith the EU will include a form which can be used to claim back approx 10% V.A.T. Unfortunately this excludes BFPO addresses. Please note, V.A.T. is not applied to crash helmets.
I purchased these from elsewhere as my Infinity order didn't come in time. However, i'll be returning both pairs now as these gloves are certainly not waterproof. They seemed to only last about 15 mins of rain on a naked bike before they left my hands wet on the inside. As I was on tour I had no choice but to carry on using them and we were caught in 4 hours of rain on the way home. These were TOTALLY soaked inside and out. The Drystar membrane is inside the leather so it was completely saturated. It didn't dry when left on the washing line for 2 days so I had to put it on a clothes horse next to a dehumidifier! They aren't waterproof, but they do look cool, they're comfy and you get plenty of feel in the bars and levers. I don't see what all the hype is about Alpine stars...
These are really comfy great fitting gloves with good protection and waterproof too not really for summer use unless it rains as your hands will get overheated. Deffo recommend a pair if your looking for a cooler wet weather glove