Alpinestars Tech-Air 5 System
on orders over £25
with Klarna on checkout
Make a price match enquiry
Alpinestars Tech-Air 5 System
The Alpinestars Tech-Air 5 is the latest addition to Alpinestars’ range of wearable airbag technology, that brings professional rider-level protection to everyday riders, bursting with features to make it as convenient and comfortable as possible for you, as well as offering unparalleled protection. All this makes the Tech-Air 5 vest an awesome choice for any rider looking to add Airbag technology to their riding gear.
The Tech-Air 5 has a slim, self-contained design that is so versatile, it can fit under any textile jacket, Tech-Air Ready piece of Alpinestars clothing and any leather jacket with 4cm of space around your chest. The Tech-Air 5 vest comes with an active electronic system that utilises six integrated sensors, 3 gyroscopes and 3 accelerometers, along with a crash algorithm: all controlled by a built-in AI that accurately monitors the ride, and when to deploy the airbag in the event of a crash.
Years of research has gone into making the Tech-Air 5, with input from over half of the world’s top MotoGP riders, riding data over millions of kilometres of rides and thousands of crashes, the Tech-Air 5 algorithm is capable of analysing any situation and making a judgement of when to protect you. The moment a crash situation is detected the protective airbag is deployed, with maximum inflation reached in 20 to 40 milliseconds. With the airbag deployed the force of the impact is reduced by 95%, compared to a standard passive body protector.
For all its bells and whistles, the Tech-Air 5 is still incredibly simple to use. An LED display on the airbag indicates the operational status, and the high-performing built-in battery can provide up to 30 hours of riding time, before needing another charge, and the system comes with a magnetic micro USB charger included for easy and convenient charging when not in use.
The Alpinestars Tech-Air 5 vest features Bluetooth connectivity, and its accompanying Tech-Air app, allows you to view the operational status of the vest through your phone, as well as view the current battery and detailed analysis of your ride. You can also update the vest’s own firmware via the app.
- This product can ONLY be purchased in-store or via Click & Collect online. This product CANNOT be shipped for delivery in the UK or worldwide.
- This product can be worn under any textile jacket, Alpinestars Tech-Air Ready garment or any leather jacket with at least 4cm of chest space. This product is not suitable for leather jackets with less chest space.
- Slim-fit motorcycle airbag vest
- Self-contained system with no additional accessories required
- Complete coverage of upper body: chest, shoulders, ribs and full back to minimise rider injuries
- Active electronic system consisting of crash algorithms, AI and six integrated sensors (3 gyroscopes and 3 accelerometers)
- Internals built into the Bionic back protector
- Universally compatible with any 'Tech-Air Ready' Alpinestars garment and any jacket with 4cms of chest space
- Lightweight mesh fabric shell
- YKK zip and magnetic flap Zip and magnetic closure system
- LED display indicates airbag status
- Bluetooth connectivity to the Tech-Air smartphone app
- Inflates with 20/40 milliseconds when a crash is detected (depending on size of Tech-Air 5 system).
- Decreases impact force by up to 95% compared to a passive protector
- Powered by an integrated, certified lithium-ion battery with 30 hours battery life.
- CE certified argon inflator cartridges
- USB port for upgrading system firmware
To find the delivery costs for an item simply place the item in your basket. Our delivery costs for most items are based on each item's size and weight. Delivery and handling estimates that appear in the basket are calculated with our lowest cost delivery method
Free delivery over £25. Next day delivery if ordered before 3pm.
Orders to UK Mainland addresses over £25 (i.e. excluding Highlands and Islands) will be sent with free carriage.
Free Shippping to other destinations
- Orders will be shipped free of charge to areas other than the UK when the order total is over:
- UK Highlands and Islands: £100
- Europe Zone 1 - e.g. Eire, France, Germany £250
- Europe Zone 2 - e.g. Greece, Poland £400
- USA, Canada, Australia - £800
- Items Shipped outwith the EU will include a form which can be used to claim back approx 10% V.A.T. Unfortunately this excludes BFPO addresses. Please note, V.A.T. is not applied to crash helmets.
Founded in Italy in 1963 by Sante Mazzarolo, Alpinestars is now a manufacturer of technical, high performance protective gear for motorcycle and auto racing, as well as action sports such as mountain biking and surfing. Their products cover such a wide range, catering for men, women and children on road or off-road. As well as riders and racers, Alpinestars have committed themselves to keeping the fans happy with a full line of casual clothing.
Alpinestars’ devotion to racing has allowed them to enjoy success with world champions such as Roger De Coster, Kenny Roberts and Mick Doohan. Alpinestars us worn by ‘The Stig’ on ‘Top Gear’ and clothing has also been developed for formula 1 drivers.
Most recently Alpinestars have designed and developed the Tech Air race System, a highly advanced, electronic airbag safety system that utilizes and advanced data logging unit and dual charge inflation module. This system is currently being used in MotoGP and World Superbikes and has now been released for everyday riders for their safety on the roads.
Their constant research and development in new technologies has gained them recognition from a worldwide audience and promoted them to the highly respected brand they are today.
The Heritage of Alpinestars
Alpinestars take their name from the Italian mountain flower Stella Alpina, known to grow in the mountains around Sante Mazzarolo’s home town of Asolo, in northern Italy. Stella Alpina, means, well, “Alpine Star” in English. They have carried their origins with them proudly as they have grown and developed into a unique company dedicated to really high quality motorcycle clothing.
They began by making hiking boots and ski boots, branched out into making motocross boots and road racing boots, and from there became one of the most well-regarded manufacturers of motorcycle clothing in Europe.
Never content to rest on their laurels, Alpinestars have taken engineering inspiration from every spot they tough, all of which has helped their motorcycle clothing range cater for every conceivable need. From Dale Earnhardt Jr’s striking Alpinestars gloves in NASCAR to Jenson Button’s Racing boots and gloves, these drivers help inform and shape Alpinestars’ motorcycle range with fresh and innovative insights.
How to Look After Textile Alpinestars Clothing
As with any other form of advanced motorcycle clothing, Alpinestars clothing needs to be looked after carefully to ensure its waterproof and protective qualities are retained.
As one of the biggest names in protective clothing, Alpinestars produce quality products that are worth looking after. Stocking a wide range of their waterproof jackets, we have put together this care guide for when you need to clean your Alpinestars waterproof garment.
Not forcing any aspect of the cleaning or drying process is the best way to go when you clean your Alpinestars clothing.
Remove armour and close zippers.
Remove any lining and wash separately at allow temperature on a normal cycle.
Brush off any dirt from the clothing, soaking in warm water if required.
Wash with a mild detergent on a low-temperature setting.
Don’t try to dry the garment too quickly – you could shrink the material and damage it.
If you need any more advice about how to look after the Alpinestars clothing, we stock a wide range of products and have a number of clothing experts on hand to answer your queries, contact us at Infinity Motorcycles today on 0800 130 3377. Alternatively browse our motorbike clothing range for more.