Alpinestars Tech-Air Race-E System
on orders over £25
with Klarna on checkout
Make a price match enquiry
Alpinestars Tech-Air Race-E System
The Alpinestars Tech-Air Race-E is a brand new Alpinestars Airbag system specifically designed for serious track-day and performance racing. Developed using a decades-worth of MotoGP data from over half of the world's top riders, and the successor to the Tech-Air Street, the Tech-Air Race brings the professional-level protection and innovative Airbag technology to sports riders.
The Tech-Air Race is a slim, self-contained vest that fits seamlessly into any Tech-Air compatible leather jacket or suit. The Tech-Air Race is equipped with an active electronic airbag control unit, or ACU for short, that is built into the lightweight ergonomic back protector and seal-protected for weather resistance. The ACU utilises a system of integrated sensors including gyroscopes and accelerometers optimised for racing and track use, and works in collaboration with the unit's crash algorithm that is capable of analysing any situation, accurately monitoring your ride and independently determines when to deploy the airbag in the event of a crash.
The moment a crash situation is detected, the protective airbag is deployed, providing critical protection to your upper body including your back, back part of your kidneys, chest and shoulders. The airbag inflates within 20 to 40 milliseconds (depending on the size of the vest, which requires a larger intake of air), which dissipates the force of impact by 95% compared to a standard passive body protector. The vest utilises argon inflator cartridges which are approved to ISO 14451 standards.
The vest itself boasts an advanced structure of textiles including elastane, 2D mesh fabric and Cordura for stretch comfort and durability. The interior lining of the jacket incorporates perforated elastane, 3D mesh and soft-touch edging for optimal perspiration and comfort. A velcro waistband allows you to adjust the position of the airbag system and ensures a custom fit under your compatible racing/performance leather suit or jacket.
For all its bells and whistles, the Tech-Air Race is also incredibly easy to install and use. An LED display on the airbag indicates the operational status, with a built-in lithium-ion battery to provide up to 25 hours riding time on a single charge, and a magnetic micro USB charger included with the vest for easy, convenient charging.
The vest features Bluetooth connectivity, and its accompanying Tech-Air app, allows you to view the operational status of the vest through your phone, as well as view the current battery and detailed analysis of your ride. You can also update the vest’s own firmware via the app.
Plus, with a simple upgrade of the Tech-Air Race-E's system firmware, the vest can be configured to run the Tech-Air Street setting for non-race use in road and off-road situations.
- This product can ONLY be purchased in-store or via Click & Collect online. This product CANNOT be shipped for delivery in the UK or worldwide.
- This product is intended to be used with Alpinestars Tech-Air Compatible leather jackets and suits and is not suitable for non-Alpinestars or non-Alpinestars Tech-Air Compatible garments.
- Slim-fit motorcycle airbag vest
- Self-contained system with no additional accessories required
- Specifically designed for track-days and high-performance sports riding
- Complete coverage of upper body: chest, shoulders, ribs and full back to minimise rider injuries
- Active electronic system consisting of crash algorithms, AI and six integrated sensors (3 gyroscopes and 3 accelerometers)
- Internals built into the seal-protected Bionic back protector
- Universally compatible with any 'Tech-Air Compatible' Alpinestars leather suit or jacket
- Lightweight elastane, 2D mesh fabric and Cordura fabric shell
- YKK zip and magnetic flap Zip and magnetic closure system
- LED display indicates airbag status
- Bluetooth connectivity to the Tech-Air smartphone app
- Inflates with 20/40 milliseconds when a crash is detected (depending on size of Tech-Air Race-E system).
- Decreases impact force by up to 95% compared to a passive protector
- Powered by an integrated, certified lithium-ion battery with 25 hours battery life
- CE certified argon inflator cartridges
- USB port for upgrading system firmware
To find the delivery costs for an item simply place the item in your basket. Our delivery costs for most items are based on each item's size and weight. Delivery and handling estimates that appear in the basket are calculated with our lowest cost delivery method
Free delivery over £25. Next day delivery if ordered before 3pm.
Orders to UK Mainland addresses over £25 (i.e. excluding Highlands and Islands) will be sent with free carriage.
Free Shippping to other destinations
- Orders will be shipped free of charge to areas other than the UK when the order total is over:
- UK Highlands and Islands: £100
- Europe Zone 1 - e.g. Eire, France, Germany £250
- Europe Zone 2 - e.g. Greece, Poland £400
- USA, Canada, Australia - £800
- Items Shipped outwith the EU will include a form which can be used to claim back approx 10% V.A.T. Unfortunately this excludes BFPO addresses. Please note, V.A.T. is not applied to crash helmets.
Founded in Italy in 1963 by Sante Mazzarolo, Alpinestars is now a manufacturer of technical, high performance protective gear for motorcycle and auto racing, as well as action sports such as mountain biking and surfing. Their products cover such a wide range, catering for men, women and children on road or off-road. As well as riders and racers, Alpinestars have committed themselves to keeping the fans happy with a full line of casual clothing.
Alpinestars’ devotion to racing has allowed them to enjoy success with world champions such as Roger De Coster, Kenny Roberts and Mick Doohan. Alpinestars us worn by ‘The Stig’ on ‘Top Gear’ and clothing has also been developed for formula 1 drivers.
Most recently Alpinestars have designed and developed the Tech Air race System, a highly advanced, electronic airbag safety system that utilizes and advanced data logging unit and dual charge inflation module. This system is currently being used in MotoGP and World Superbikes and has now been released for everyday riders for their safety on the roads.
Their constant research and development in new technologies has gained them recognition from a worldwide audience and promoted them to the highly respected brand they are today.
The Heritage of Alpinestars
Alpinestars take their name from the Italian mountain flower Stella Alpina, known to grow in the mountains around Sante Mazzarolo’s home town of Asolo, in northern Italy. Stella Alpina, means, well, “Alpine Star” in English. They have carried their origins with them proudly as they have grown and developed into a unique company dedicated to really high quality motorcycle clothing.
They began by making hiking boots and ski boots, branched out into making motocross boots and road racing boots, and from there became one of the most well-regarded manufacturers of motorcycle clothing in Europe.
Never content to rest on their laurels, Alpinestars have taken engineering inspiration from every spot they tough, all of which has helped their motorcycle clothing range cater for every conceivable need. From Dale Earnhardt Jr’s striking Alpinestars gloves in NASCAR to Jenson Button’s Racing boots and gloves, these drivers help inform and shape Alpinestars’ motorcycle range with fresh and innovative insights.
How to Look After Textile Alpinestars Clothing
As with any other form of advanced motorcycle clothing, Alpinestars clothing needs to be looked after carefully to ensure its waterproof and protective qualities are retained.
As one of the biggest names in protective clothing, Alpinestars produce quality products that are worth looking after. Stocking a wide range of their waterproof jackets, we have put together this care guide for when you need to clean your Alpinestars waterproof garment.
Not forcing any aspect of the cleaning or drying process is the best way to go when you clean your Alpinestars clothing.
Remove armour and close zippers.
Remove any lining and wash separately at allow temperature on a normal cycle.
Brush off any dirt from the clothing, soaking in warm water if required.
Wash with a mild detergent on a low-temperature setting.
Don’t try to dry the garment too quickly – you could shrink the material and damage it.
If you need any more advice about how to look after the Alpinestars clothing, we stock a wide range of products and have a number of clothing experts on hand to answer your queries, contact us at Infinity Motorcycles today on 0800 130 3377. Alternatively browse our motorbike clothing range for more.