Buff Windproof Balaclava - Desil S/M
on orders over £25.
Make a price match enquiry
Buff Windproof Balaclava - Desil S/M
Buff Windproof Balaclava Desil S/M
The Windproof Balaclava BUFF is a windproof balaclava made of Gore Windstopper fabric featuring a soft fleece that covers the entire head. The improved design has been made with the latest technologies in manufacturing process. Ultrasonic bonding is used to create comfort seams which help to prevent skin irritation by eliminating seams. Laser cut ear and mouth perforations have made been included in the design to aid hearing and breathing as well as avoiding humidity. Suitable to wear on its own or under a helmet.
- A technical and windproof balaclava made of 100% Gore Windstopper fabric is water repellent and helps keeping body temperature stable via its moisture management system.
- Flat seams and has small perforations around the ear area to aid hearing as well as nose holes and small laser perforations around the mouth help to improved ease of breathing.
- Available in two sizes: S/M (53-57cm) and L/XL (58-62cm).
- S/M weighs 59g/ 2.08oz and measures 28cm x 43cm
- L/XL weighs 70g/2.47oz and measures 30cm x 45cm
- Machine washable and non iron.
- Certified to meet Oeko-Tex Standard 100
- Thermal Comfort – Extreme Cold
Buff®, the original multifunctional headwear. Once upon a time there was a keen off-road trials motorcyclist from Spain, who realised there was a need for a multifunctional garment that could be worn on and around his head while out riding in any and all conditions. Having worked in the textile industry for over 25 years manufacturing knitted collars and cuffs for the most popular football shirt brands in Europe, Juan Rojas set about creating a functional garment that could be worn in all manner of ways, replacing the need for separate items of head and neck wear.
Experimenting with different designs and processes, Juan eventually found a high performance microfibre that was breathable, moisture wicking and wind resistant. Juan then set about designing a proprietary knitting process that could manufacture his product in such a way as to ensure enduring comfort and durability. This manufacturing process, which takes place on a specially developed tubular loom, achieves an unique seamless construction resulting in a particularly comfortable garment that is extremely durable. The use of a sublimation printing process to transfer designs onto the product also ensures that the material retains its soft feel without the colours fading when either exposed to the elements or during cleaning. Juan called his product Buff® as a derivation of the Spanish word ‘bufanda’ meaning scarf.
Then, in 1998, Buff® entered a team into the Eco-Challenge adventure race and by the end of the event most of the participants had either requested or were wearing an Original Buff® and were totally "Buffed up." Since then, Buff® headwear has become a standard accessory for all adventure racers and athletes, and has been worn by contestants on the CBS Survivor series, Raid Gaulouises and Southern Traverse events. Adventure Racer Louise Cooper says: "I can't imagine being without my Buff. It's without a doubt the most versatile accessory anyone can wear."
Buff® headwear and has since become popular with millions of outdoor enthusiasts who benefit from its versatility: the garment has multiple uses and can be worn as a scarf, bandanna, headband, hat, facemask or wristband. Put simply: Buff® headwear is uniquely versatile, designed to achieve a high level of comfort and protection from the elements, WITH FUN!
To find the delivery costs for an item simply place the item in your basket. Our delivery costs for most items are based on each item's size and weight. Delivery and handling estimates that appear in the basket are calculated with our lowest cost delivery method
Free delivery over £25. Next day delivery if ordered before 3pm.
Orders to UK Mainland addresses over £25 (i.e. excluding Highlands and Islands) will be sent with free carriage.
Free Shippping to other destinations
- Orders will be shipped free of charge to areas other than the UK when the order total is over:
- UK Highlands and Islands: £100
- Europe Zone 1 - e.g. Eire, France, Germany £250
- Europe Zone 2 - e.g. Greece, Poland £400
- USA, Canada, Australia - £800
- Items Shipped outwith the EU will include a form which can be used to claim back approx 10% V.A.T. Unfortunately this excludes BFPO addresses. Please note, V.A.T. is not applied to crash helmets.