Cardo Freecom 4X Intercom
The Freecom 4X is the latest cutting-edge Bluetooth communications kit from Cardo, with innovative Live Intercom up to 4 riders, sound by JBL, and natural voice operation.
The all-new Cardo Freecom 2X and 4X intercom systems represent some of the biggest innovations in Bluetooth technology, supporting Bluetooth 5.2 and universal compatibility with any branded Bluetooth headset. Both units feature Live Intercom, which brings exceptional audio quality and clarity, 4-way intercom, and a unique auto-reconnect feature that allows riders to enter and exit the group whilst in range. The units also feature automatic volume to instinctively adjust sound volume based on your outside ambient noise, FM radio with RDS and music streaming directly from your smartphone.
The Freecom X is powered by JBL sound, engineered to offer impeccable audio quality to satisfy even the most veteran audiophile. The 40mm HD speakers feature specially tuned music processors, and 3 distinct audio profiles to elevate your riding experience.
Designed with ease of use in mind, the unit is fully waterproof and dustproof for use in any terrain or weather condition with no interruption in the connection. The pronounced buttons and roller wheel interface give you intuitive operation even whilst wearing even the thickest motorcycle gloves, and the units can be easily mounted to any helmet.
The 4X supports 4-way intercom up to 1.2 kilometres / 0.75-mile radius, whereas the Freecom 2X features 2-way intercom within an 800 metre / 0.5-mile radius.
The 4X in particular includes natural voice operation for complete hands-free operation, giving you complete control of the unit itself as well as direct access to your smartphone's voice assistant. Simply say "Hey Cardo" and the function you want, and the Freecom 4X will do the rest.
The Freecom X range feature up to 13 hours of talk time, fast charging via USB type C, with "over the air" wireless updates, and compatibility with the Cardo Connect smartphone app.
- Live Connect intercom
- Supports groups up to 4 riders
- Up to 1.2km / 0.75mi radius
- Auto-reconnect, HD audio Bluetooth Intercom
- Bluetooth 5.2
- Universal and TFT connectivity
- 2 audio channels for mobile phone and GPS
- Waterproof and dustproof
- Roller wheel user interface
- Natural Voice operation
- Multilingual status announcements
- Sound by JBL
- 40mm HD speakers
- HD Audio profiles
- Automatic Volume Control
- Battery: 13 hours talk time
- Charging Time: up to 2 hours
- FM Radio
- Operating frequencies 76-108 MHz
- RDS – Radio Data systems
- 6 preset station memory
- Over-the-air software updates + USB cable
- Compatible with Cardo Connect App
Operating Temperature: -20˚C to 55˚C / -4˚ F to 131 ˚ F
- Height: 48mm – Length: 78mm
- Depth: 20mm – Weight: 37g
- Diameter: 40mm – Depth: 10mm
To find the delivery costs for an item simply place the item in your basket. Our delivery costs for most items are based on each item's size and weight. Delivery and handling estimates that appear in the basket are calculated with our lowest cost delivery method
Free delivery over £25. Next day delivery if ordered before 3pm.
Orders to UK Mainland addresses over £25 (i.e. excluding Highlands and Islands) will be sent with free carriage.
Free Shippping to other destinations
- Orders will be shipped free of charge to areas other than the UK when the order total is over:
- UK Highlands and Islands: £100
- Europe Zone 1 - e.g. Eire, France, Germany £250
- Europe Zone 2 - e.g. Greece, Poland £400
- USA, Canada, Australia - £800
- Items Shipped outwith the EU will include a form which can be used to claim back approx 10% V.A.T. Unfortunately this excludes BFPO addresses. Please note, V.A.T. is not applied to crash helmets.
Very good but not perfect
Bought to use as an intercom when riding with friends and a bit of music on the commute. For intercom use, once set up its is brilliant. Very clear audio and reconnects almost effortlessly when back in range. However set up is overly complex and we still had to use a Youtube video to make it work, especially with more riders. The biggest problem is the positioning of the wheel button. We spent weeks talking to Cardo and going into store thinking the product was broken or software badly written as the intercom would cut out constantly or ring friends by mistake. Turned out when clipped to the bottom of the helmet like recommended the button would press your collar when doing life savers and stop the intercom. Now with the unit stuck higher on the helmet we don't get any issues.