Knox Honister Ladies Armoured Jacket
on orders over £25
Make a price match enquiry
Knox Honister Ladies Armoured Jacket
The Honister Pass, situated in the UK Lake District, is one of those roads that needs to be ridden to be appreciated. Connecting Buttermere Valley with Borrowdale Valley, it twists and winds its way to a height of over 1150 feet and is rightly regarded as a piece of motorcycling Nirvana.
Being the mountain pass that is closest to Knox HQ, it was inspirational to the creation of the Class AAA-rated women’s Honister jacket.
First invented by the brand in the 1990s, Knox armoured shirts and jackets are at the very heart of the Knox collection and the Honister Jacket is the new pinnacle. Wearing a close-fitting armoured shirt is the best way to protect a rider since the armour is comfortably held in the right place when you need it.
Making the women’s Honister jacket was a tough development journey. It required entirely new strong mesh fabrics, since the goal was to develop the highest Class AAA breathable armoured garment that could be used for warm weather riding, aimed at female riders who require the best performance. CE Certified to EN 17092 -2:2020 Class AAA
Achieving CE approval to Class AAA is no small achievement. AAA is the highest class for a motorcycle protective garment and is usually only attained by one- and two-piece leather suits.
The protection fitted is Micro-Lock low profile armour from Knox.
Micro-Lock armour uses SMART technology to keep the armour super soft to touch but it locks when impacted and delivers fantastic protection to the wearer. The locking action increases the amount of impact absorbed by the protector and reduces the energy passed through to the wearer's back and/or limbs. This Micro-Lock armour used in the Knox Honister Jacket is approved to EN 1621-1:2012 L2 in the shoulders and elbows and the Level 2 back is Certified under EN 1621-2:2014 L2. It can be complemented with an optional chest protector.
The Honister Jacket has been designed from the ground up. This includes everything, from stylish tailoring and feminine cut to the way the fabrics perform. Construction has been carefully developed to be as comfortable in the harshest of environments as it would be on a gentle spin in the country. Extra attention to detail completes the style and the AAA qualifying technical CE standard is highlighted on the jacket.
Developing new mesh fabrics which deliver the ultimate strength and resilience needed has been achieved without losing any breathability. Blending this with the hardest wearing stretch-polyamide, riders can be confident in the protective qualities of the Honister Jacket in all environments.
All the zips in the Honister jackets are by YKK. There are two zipped side pockets and one zipped large back pocket. Detailing continues with discreet Knox branding on the front hem as well as on the back. The new branded badge on the sleeve comes with a reflective surround, complemented by strips that are only visible at night on the back. Thumb loops are found on the cuffs for added security, while an improved security belt loop system is fitted on the inside so that riders can secure their trousers to the jacket. Even the collar has a soft interior for comfort around the neck.
The Honister is available in no fewer than 7 sizes from 8 – 20 (XS – 3XL). It’s also part of the Knox Seasonless Collection. With this collection, there is no spring, summer, autumn, or winter wear. Instead, riders have one hardworking layered ensemble. This outfit has an armoured shirt at its core. It can then be adapted to suit all weather conditions by either adding or removing layers. The Knox Seasonless Collection is adaptable, sustainable, and protective.
- CE approved Class AAA garment under the CE standard EN 17092 -2:2020 Class AAA. The all-important technical CE classification is highlighted on the jacket.
- Made in the UK and using new mesh fabrics developed for ultimate strength and resilience but with no loss of breathability. The mesh is combined with the most durable, stretch CORDURA® polyamide with high-performance water and stain repellency for the toughest environments
- A soft waistband is half elasticated to give a very flattering fit and shape and holds the protector comfortably against the back
- Includes Knox Micro-Lock high-performance armour in the shoulders, elbows and a Micro-Lock back protector is also included. It uses SMART technology and properties to keep the armour super soft to touch but it locks when impacted. The locking action increases the amount of impact absorbed by the protector and reduces the energy passed through to the back and/or limbs.
- CE approved shoulder and elbows – EN 1621-1:2012 L2
- CE approved Back protector – EN 1621-2:2014 L2
- A separate removable MICRO-LOCK chest protector can be added as an optional extra.
- YKK zips throughout. 2 Zipped side pockets, 1 zipped large back pocket
- Discreet Knox branding on the front hem and back
- New branded badge on the sleeve with a reflective surround, effective in poor visibility.
- Reflective strips only visible at night are also added on the back.
- Thumb loops for added security
- Improved security belt loop system is highlighted on the inside to ensure riders can secure their trousers to the jacket.
- Collar has a soft interior for comfort around the neck.
- Machine washable garment – remove armour before washing. Always read the wash care labels
- Colour Black
- Sizes XS – 3XL (UK sizes 8-20)
Part of the Knox Seasonless Collection. Add or subtract layers for added warmth and waterproofness
Knox Womens Jacket Size Guide
Chest Measurement: Measure around the fullest part of your chest, under the armpits, keeping the measuring tape parallel to the floor.
Waist Measurement: Measure around your waist, slightly below your natural waist, where you normally wear your trousers.
Hip Measurement: Measure around the fullest part of your hips.
To find the delivery costs for an item simply place the item in your basket. Our delivery costs for most items are based on each item's size and weight. Delivery and handling estimates that appear in the basket are calculated with our lowest cost delivery method
Free delivery over £25. Next day delivery if ordered before 3pm.
Orders to UK Mainland addresses over £25 (i.e. excluding Highlands and Islands) will be sent with free carriage.
Free Shippping to other destinations
- Orders will be shipped free of charge to areas other than the UK when the order total is over:
- UK Highlands and Islands: £100
- Europe Zone 1 - e.g. Eire, France, Germany £250
- Europe Zone 2 - e.g. Greece, Poland £400
- USA, Canada, Australia - £800
- Items Shipped outwith the EU will include a form which can be used to claim back approx 10% V.A.T. Unfortunately this excludes BFPO addresses. Please note, V.A.T. is not applied to crash helmets.
The Knox Collection
Knox is a British apparel and glove manufacturer specializing in innovative protection for riders around the world. Founded in 1981, Knox innovations include the first-ever CE approved motorcycle protectors, the patented Knox Scaphoid protection system, the iconic Handroid glove and recently the game-changing Urbane Pro armoured shirt.
As well as body armour, gloves and technical apparel, the company is also a major supplier of CE approved protection to many top motorcycle clothing brands.
For 2022, Knox build on the success of their armoured shirts, introducing an innovative and more sustainable approach to motorcycle gear through the Seasonless Collection.
The Knox Seasonless Collection is about using core Knox pieces, for every ride and every season. Starting with a protective armoured shirt, add or subtract layers to adapt and overcome all conditions, from unbearable heat through to driving rain. There is no spring/summer/autumn/winter wear, this is an adaptation to climate and conditions via timeless, stylish seasonless apparel.
Well made and comfy
I bought this jacket as my only alternative was my leather (Alpinestars) 2 piece, which is heavy and hot. The fit is spot on, it is snug and more of a fitted style but all the armour fits in the right places, something some other manufacturers struggle with if you're short like me. The armour is thin and flexible and it's hard to believe it is an AAA-rated garment tbh, let's hope I never need to test it. My only gripes are that it isn't as vented as you'd think it might be, it is still quite warm on a hot day, and there isn't a top pocket for your phone/wallet which I assume is because you can get a chest protector in there if you want. The zips are fiddly due to the rubber detailing, also the main zip is about 1" too long for me so it digs into my neck. All in all, it a nice fitting jacket that is cooler in warm weather than leather, well rated for piece of mind but IMO a bit overpriced atm and a couple of details could be better.