Kriega R16 Backpack
on orders over £25
with Klarna on checkout
Make a price match enquiry
Kriega R16 Backpack
The Kriega R16 is a fully waterproof small day backpack made from durable Cordura-Nylon construction with a 16-litre capacity.
In addition to the Kriega R22, the R16 is another new backpack in Kriega's award-winning R range and is perfect for everyday commuting or short-haul journeys. Constructed from 420D Cordua and Nylon rip-stop, this lightweight and tough bag are capable of storing up to 16 litres of capacity in its main compartment.
Big enough to store a 15-inch laptop, the main pocket is lined with a waterproof interior lining with a rolltop closure to prevent water ingress, and also features a smaller, zippered pocket to store your phone, wallet or keys.
The backpack adopts Kriega's proprietary Quadloc Lite technology: a unique harness system that distributes the weight of the bag from the shoulders to the chest and hips, reducing long-term neck strain and improving stability and freedom-of-movement on and off the bike.
The loop straps allow for compatibility with the Kriega US5 or US10 drypacks for expanded storage, and the backpack is also compatible for use with the Kriega Harness Pockets, Trail Pockets or the Hydration pack.
- The Quadloc-Lite™ harness transfers weight from the shoulders to the chest and body, giving all-day riding comfort.
- A waterproof 16 litre roll-top Drypack main body.
- Small internal Drypack zip pocket.
- Air-mesh back panel for rider comfort.
- Removable internal white liner (taped-seam)
- Semi-rigid carry handle.
- Reflective panels on the harness.
- Removable waist strap.
- Hydration reservoir is compatible.
- Add additional waterproof storage with hook-on points for a US-Drypack.
- 10 YEAR GUARANTEE
To find the delivery costs for an item simply place the item in your basket. Our delivery costs for most items are based on each item's size and weight. Delivery and handling estimates that appear in the basket are calculated with our lowest cost delivery method
Free delivery over £25. Next day delivery if ordered before 3pm.
Orders to UK Mainland addresses over £25 (i.e. excluding Highlands and Islands) will be sent with free carriage.
Free Shippping to other destinations
- Orders will be shipped free of charge to areas other than the UK when the order total is over:
- UK Highlands and Islands: £100
- Europe Zone 1 - e.g. Eire, France, Germany £250
- Europe Zone 2 - e.g. Greece, Poland £400
- USA, Canada, Australia - £800
- Items Shipped outwith the EU will include a form which can be used to claim back approx 10% V.A.T. Unfortunately this excludes BFPO addresses. Please note, V.A.T. is not applied to crash helmets.
Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
Kriega is a British company from Chester. Kriega was founded in 1999 when Dom Longman and Michael Cottam, who had a background in outdoor kit, drew on their love of motorcycling to build a company that would design and make tough, well-made motorcycle luggage of the highest quality. All Kriega products are designed in-house, with an emphasis on hard-wearing quality and ease of use.
How Kriega See Themselves
Kriega received a Ride kit award in 2011 as recognition for their long-standing commitments to quality luggage and accessories. After receiving the award, design director Dom Longman said, "We invest a lot of time in design and testing because we're not a fashion brand. We build things to last and don't release anything until its right." Some other manufacturers think of luggage as a simple accessory, buy their range from China, rebrand the cheaply-made luggage as their own brand, and sell the end product as though it were designed and made entirely within the company.
Talking about the Kriega backpack range, Dom attributes its popularity to the way in which the weight seems to disappear when wearing it. "We worked hard to design a strap system that took all the strain out of the shoulders and neck so that it was comfortable to wear over long distances."