Optimate 4 Battery Charger
on orders over £25
Make a price match enquiry
Optimate 4 Battery Charger
The Optimate 4 Battery Charger is a unique multistage battery optimiser is specially designed for modern 12V starter batteries from 2.5 to 50 Amp-hours. With OptiMate 4 Dual Program you can now either charge the battery direct or select the program to charge via the 12V port on CAN-bus equipped BMW motorcycles (using either the optional O2 or O9 accessory plug lead).
The unique 6-step battery optimiser specially designed for all modern 12V starter batteries from 2.5 to 50 Amp-hours capacity, diagnoses, recovers, charges, checks & maintains your battery automatically for months. All major battery manufacturers recommend maintaining starter batteries fully charged during periods of non-use.
OptiMate 4 is totally safe for months-long connection and maintenance of irregularly or seasonally used batteries even while still connected to the vehicle. The sophisticated charging algorithm ensures no risk of over-charging. Suitable for all types of rechargeable 12V lead-acid batteries, filler cap types, absorbed glass mat (AGM or MF), valve regulated (VRLA) and GEL-electrolyte. Just connect OptiMate 4 to your battery, the rest is automatic, electronically protected against user errors, there is no switch, no fuse and there are no sparks.
- Weatherproof eyelet lead and clamps are included
- Diagnoses, recovers, charges, checks & maintains
- Suitable for AGM/MF, STD, GEL, spiral cell batteries
- For batteries with a capacity from 2Ah to 50Ah
- Maximum long term maintenance of up to 75Ah
- Compatible with CAN-bus equipped BMWs
- Advanced 6 stages of charge and maintenance
- Input current max 0.15A @ 230V
- Running cost of less than one pound per year
- Efficient with less than 0.5mA reverse drain current
- 0.8A maximum output current (battery bulk charge)
- Automatic desulphation 2 stages (recovery and Turbo)
- 48 hours charge time limit (no maintenance time-limit)
- Maintain / test cycles: 30 min (alternating hourly)
- Charge retention test 5 results from 'good' to 'bad'
- Operation temperature range: -40c / +40c
- Size: 200 x 75 x 61mm
- Total weight: 800g
- Enclosure classification: IP54
- Can be mounted on the wall
- Input cable length: 2m
- Output cable length: 2m
- Weight: 800g
- 3 year warranty
To find the delivery costs for an item simply place the item in your basket. Our delivery costs for most items are based on each item's size and weight. Delivery and handling estimates that appear in the basket are calculated with our lowest cost delivery method
Free delivery over £25. Next day delivery if ordered before 3pm.
Orders to UK Mainland addresses over £25 (i.e. excluding Highlands and Islands) will be sent with free carriage.
Free Shippping to other destinations
- Orders will be shipped free of charge to areas other than the UK when the order total is over:
- UK Highlands and Islands: £100
- Europe Zone 1 - e.g. Eire, France, Germany £250
- Europe Zone 2 - e.g. Greece, Poland £400
- USA, Canada, Australia - £800
- Items Shipped outwith the EU will include a form which can be used to claim back approx 10% V.A.T. Unfortunately this excludes BFPO addresses. Please note, V.A.T. is not applied to crash helmets.
OptiMate is recommended by virtually every major motorcycle manufacturer for very good reasons. They test and assess maintenance chargers to ensure they will not damage either your battery or your bike.