Optimate 6 Ampmatic
on orders over £25
with Klarna on checkout
Make a price match enquiry
Optimate 6 Ampmatic
Optimate 6 Ampmatic
OptiMate 6 is the latest in OptiMate technology. Featuring TecMate’s latest AmpMatic microprocessor controlled circuitry, OptiMate 6 is genuinely revolutionary - the world’s most advanced and versatile battery charger, maintainer and tester. All in a stylish, robust, weatherproof, wall-mountable enclosure
As soon as it’s connected, the ampmatic microprocessor automatically diagnoses your battery’s condition and sets the optimal charge current and program. This enhanced version of the acclaimed OptiMate multi-stage desulphation program will even automatically give many deep-discharged and otherwise “dead” batteries a new lease of life. When the charge is complete the eco power-saving mode ensures ultra low power consumption while keeping your battery optimally charged, cool and safe, month after month, prolonging its life by up to 400%!
- Recommended for: AGM / MF, STD, GEL and spiral cell batteries up to 240Ah
- Programme control: ampmaticTM microprocessor
- Input current max: 0.55A @ 230V
- Typical annual energy cost: Less than £1.00 per year (continuous maintenance)
- Reverse drain current: Less than 0.001A
- Output current (bulk charge): 0.4A – 5.0A
- Automatic desulphation: Multistage (high voltage, turbo and pulsed mode)
- Charge time limit: 48 hours (maintenance time: unlimited)
- Maintain / test cycles: 30 min/30 min (alternating hourly)
- Charge retention test: 5 possible results from ‘good’ to ‘bad’
- Size: 199 x 71 x 61mm
- Weight: 1400g
- Enclosure classification: IP54
- Mounting: Easy direct wall mounting
- Input cable length: 2m
- Output cable length: 2m
- Included Accessories: O11 Weatherproof Eyelet Lead; O4 Clamp Lead for bench charging
- Operation temperature range: -40°C / +50°C
- Warranty: 3 years
- Certification (230V model): TUV/GS conformity
The REAL & unique multistage battery optimiser specially designed for all modern 12V starter batteries up to 240 Amp-hours capacity.
Diagnoses, recovers, charges, checks & maintains your battery automatically for months. All major battery manufacturers recommend maintaining starter batteries FULLY CHARGED during periods of non-use. OptiMate 6 is totally safe for months-long connection and maintenance of irregularly or seasonally used batteries even while still connected to the vehicle. The sophisticated charging algorithm ensures no risk of over-charging.
Suitable for all types of rechargeable 12V lead-acid batteries: filler cap types; absorbed glass mat (AGM or "MF"); valve regulated (VRLA); GEL-electrolyte. As simple as 1-2-3: Just connect OptiMate 6 to your battery, the rest is automatic. Electronically protected against user errors. There is no switch, no fuse and there are no sparks.
Delivered with two interchangeable connection sets, one with clamps for bench charging, the other with in-line protection fuse and eyelet terminals for permanent connection to the vehicle’s battery to allow easy reconnection of charger when necessary.
Optional accessories include additional fused permanent connection leads (O1); cigarette lighter plug lead (O2) to charge via the cigarette lighter or DIN socket (as found on some BMW, Honda & Triumph touring motorcycles); 1.8m and 4.6m extension leads; weatherproof sockets to provide a convenient 12V supply for sat-nav, MP3 player, mobile phone charger PDA etc. and much more.
Certifications: TUV/GS conformity; CE Certification; 3-year warranty.
OptiMate is recommended by virtually every major motorcycle manufacturer for very good reasons. They test and assess maintenance chargers to ensure they will not damage either your battery or your bike.
To find the delivery costs for an item simply place the item in your basket. Our delivery costs for most items are based on each item's size and weight. Delivery and handling estimates that appear in the basket are calculated with our lowest cost delivery method
Free delivery over £25. Next day delivery if ordered before 3pm.
Orders to UK Mainland addresses over £25 (i.e. excluding Highlands and Islands) will be sent with free carriage.
Free Shippping to other destinations
- Orders will be shipped free of charge to areas other than the UK when the order total is over:
- UK Highlands and Islands: £100
- Europe Zone 1 - e.g. Eire, France, Germany £250
- Europe Zone 2 - e.g. Greece, Poland £400
- USA, Canada, Australia - £800
- Items Shipped outwith the EU will include a form which can be used to claim back approx 10% V.A.T. Unfortunately this excludes BFPO addresses. Please note, V.A.T. is not applied to crash helmets.