Oxford Bradwell Wax Ladies Jacket
Oxford Bradwell Wax Jacket Ladies
This vintage-styled wet waxed cotton jacket uses traditional materials and manufacturing techniques to recall a time when people worked and played outdoors, come rain or shine. But hidden beneath the old-world look is a hidden layer of modern technology, to offer the best user experience.
The Bradwell's key material is produced by British Millerain, a company which harks back to a day when goods were transported by wind-powered ships. Their sails were made from cotton which was waxed to protect against the ravages of the sea; the material consequently found its way into the clothing which sailors wore to protect themselves from the same inclemencies.
Respectful of the material's heritage, Oxford's designers have employed traditional tailoring methods to assemble the outer garment. For example, pockets are pleated in order to lie flat when empty, but provide space to expand when full. The mechanical stretch required in the back of the jacket to facilitate reaching the handlebars comfortably is created through another style of pleat, rather than with modern flexible fabrics. The collar and its accompanying belt are designed and cut in 3 dimensions, rather than as simple, flat panels; the resulting fit is just perfect. And the labour-intensive triple-stitching employed in all the potential impact areas is as pleasing to the eye as it is protective.
- Premium British Millerain waxed cotton
- HUMAX waterproof, windproof and breathable fixed membrane
- Pleated pockets for expansion
- Rear box pleat for manoeuvrability and comfort
- Luxurious tartan lining
- Removable tartan thermal liner
- Adjustable belt and popper-secured cuffs and collar
- Double and triple stitch detailing in key areas
- Storm flap
- CE-EN1621-2:2014 Level 1 back protector available separately
- CE-EN1621-1:2012 Level 1 elbow and shoulder protectors included
- Clothing Features
- Waterproof, Removable Thermal Liner
To find the delivery costs for an item simply place the item in your basket. Our delivery costs for most items are based on each item's size and weight. Delivery and handling estimates that appear in the basket are calculated with our lowest cost delivery method
Free delivery over £25. Next day delivery if ordered before 3pm.
Orders to UK Mainland addresses over £25 (i.e. excluding Highlands and Islands) will be sent with free carriage.
Free Shippping to other destinations
- Orders will be shipped free of charge to areas other than the UK when the order total is over:
- UK Highlands and Islands: £100
- Europe Zone 1 - e.g. Eire, France, Germany £250
- Europe Zone 2 - e.g. Greece, Poland £400
- USA, Canada, Australia - £800
- Items Shipped outwith the EU will include a form which can be used to claim back approx 10% V.A.T. Unfortunately this excludes BFPO addresses. Please note, V.A.T. is not applied to crash helmets.
A long-running success story, Oxford Products are based just outside their namesake University City. Started in 1973, Oxford Products have gone from strength to strength and now export their own products to 60 countries worldwide, as well as distributing some World Class brands like HJC Helmets and Alpinestars.
Oxford Products themselves have led the way in a few areas too; Oxford Lifetime Luggage is the benchmark soft luggage-travel anywhere in the world and if there are bikes, there will be Oxford Luggage fitted to some of them. Hotgrips by Oxford Products are second to none – some clever technology (for example, if your battery voltage drops, the Oxford Hotgrips know to cut out rather than completely kill your battery) means they are the choice of riders like the Russian Police force. Since many of the staff at Oxford Products are active motorcyclists, products are tested and developed in the UK, in the same weather and conditions as most of our customers and us.
If you’re reading this thinking about tucking your motorbike away for the colder months, may we suggest you look at the range of Oxford Products Battery Optimisers – great value and offer at least as many features as the competition. Many of our customers use their Oxford Products battery optimisers on cars and even boats - an Oxford Optimiser 600 has saved many of us here from unplanned battery purchases for the last few years!