Schuberth C4 Pro - Swipe
Schuberth C4 Pro - Swipe
Lightweight design, high-performance aerodynamics and an interior BMW would blush at: the Schuberth C4 Pro is the definitive flip-front for modern touring. Dubbed the "benchmark for the most demanding tourers and riders" by Schuberth themselves, the German manufacturer has a lot to live up to, especially as a follow-up to a helmet they made two years prior.
While not exactly a direct successor to the C4, the C4 Pro can be described as a 1.5 model of the original flip-front Schuberth released in 2017. Upon release, riders applauded the helmet's solid structure and safety features, the C4 was also one the noisier flip-fronts on the market, and questions where asked about the communication kit's integration. Simple to say, the reception was mixed.
With an updated 2019 version, Schuberth has achieved what they originally set out to do. While the changes to the C4 are mostly "quality of life" improvements, as a whole, Schuberth knocks it out the park the second time around, producing a super lightweight flip-front and one of the most comfortable modular helmets you'll wear this year.
Developed using Schuberth's own Direct Fiber Processing technology, the C4 Pro has a fibreglass outer shell with an EPS multi-density layered inner shell, enabling for optimal impact absorption and shock resistance. What Schuberth have improved upon is the rounder shape of the inner shell, compared to the oval shape of the original C4, allowing for a more lightweight shell without affecting its performance.
In terms of weight, this results in the C4 Pro being noticeably lighter than their 2017 counterpart. While the C4 weighed in around 1.66kg overall, the C4 Pro comes in at just 1.5kg. Compared to other modular helmets on the market (the Neotec 2 weighs 1750g for reference) the difference is practically night and day, and you're guaranteed to feel less strain on your neck over long rides.
The C4 Pro boasts the same outer shell as the original C4, though this isn't a concern as the C4 offered excellent aerodynamics to begin with. Schuberth develops their helmet shells in their own wind tunnel facility, which allows for continuous testing throughout the design process to ensure the helmet is as stable and carries less drag and uplift as possible. Case input: the C4 Pro is a dream to wear at even the highest speeds and strongest winds: you will notice improved contact pressure, directional stability, and no buffeting and uplift.
The C4 Pro has an Öko-Tex 100 certified interior lining, which is basically a new Coolmax interior which we can only liken to velvet against your face and is easily one of the most comfortable helmets you will ever wear, let alone a flip-front! The helmet has a seamless head padding with integrated grooves for glasses should you need them, and incorporates the usual modern amenities including quick-drying and anti-bacterial properties, as well as being removable and washable for years of maintenance.
In terms of ventilation, Schuberth have optimised the Schuberth C4 Pro's airflow and ventilation systems thanks to their own wind tunnel. Inlets located at the forehead and lower visor areas of the shell ensure optimal circulation without discomfort. The C4 Pro provides steady air throughout your journey, featuring a complex multi-channel system for intaking and venting air throughout your face.
One common complaint about the original C4 was its noise: to combat this, Schuberth has made various changes rectify this. A major factor of this noise came from the visor release mechanism which let in outside air: to combat this, Schuberth have developed a new, glove-friendly closure system in the chin part and top of the helmet which is far stronger, stable, and more importantly - drastically quieter, As a result of this and the optimised neck padding, the Schuberth C4 Pro is easily one of the quietest helmets you'll find in a modular helmet. Schuberth claims the C4 Pro achieved approximately 85 dB at 100km/h on a naked motorcycle, but we reckon the majority of your journeys will be mostly silent even without earplugs!
The C4 Pro is installed with a Pinlock branded Anti-Fog insert that gives the rider a wide field of vision while being easy to use and resistant to scratches. After feedback from the original C4, Schuberth has reverted back to the original Pinlock branded lens, rather than incorporating their own branded visors after customer feedback, and also features a built-in sun visor, deployable via an easy-to-use mechanism located on the side of the helmet.
Newly optimized for more effective communication, the C4 Pro incorporated a new placement of the mic as well as the new lining for isolating the pick up of noise from the mic. This reworked mic integration also means the kit doesn't rattle around and is more fixed to the structure of the shell.
- Extremely comfortable to wear thanks to seamless head padding and integrated grooves for glasses
- The helmet fits safely and comfortably: the Coolmax® interior is Öko-Tex 100-certified, removable and washable
- Superior air circulation thanks to multi-channel ventilation
- The Coolmax® lining is designed to ensure a secure and comfortable fit of the helmet.
- The fabrics are washable, anti-bacterial and quick-drying.
- A complex multi-channel ventilation system inside the helmet shell ensures a pleasant flow of air.
- Inlets in the forehead and lower visor areas ensure a high level of air circulation and help keep your head cool.
- Optical class 1: visor (no distortion) with quick-change function
- Integrated sun visor, freely adjustable in seconds
- PINLOCK120® anti-fog insert lens comes as standard: the ultimate PINLOCK® anti-fog insert lenses for optimum performance
- Compatible with the SC2 and SC1 communication systems as standard thanks to the integrated antenna, preinstalled loudspeaker & microphone.
To find the delivery costs for an item simply place the item in your basket. Our delivery costs for most items are based on each item's size and weight. Delivery and handling estimates that appear in the basket are calculated with our lowest cost delivery method
Free delivery over £25. Next day delivery if ordered before 3pm.
Orders to UK Mainland addresses over £25 (i.e. excluding Highlands and Islands) will be sent with free carriage.
Free Shippping to other destinations
- Orders will be shipped free of charge to areas other than the UK when the order total is over:
- UK Highlands and Islands: £100
- Europe Zone 1 - e.g. Eire, France, Germany £250
- Europe Zone 2 - e.g. Greece, Poland £400
- USA, Canada, Australia - £800
- Items Shipped outwith the EU will include a form which can be used to claim back approx 10% V.A.T. Unfortunately this excludes BFPO addresses. Please note, V.A.T. is not applied to crash helmets.